Celebrate National Old Stuff Day and Do Something Different!
Today is National Old Stuff Day! At this point you must be thinking what is it and why do Americans need a day for everything?
National Old Stuff Day has plenty of disagreement about what the day actually means, but here are the different meanings and you can choose for yourself:
National Old Stuff Day is…
– a day to stop doing the same old stuff and do something different in life.
– a day to clear out the clutter and make way for the new.
– a day to celebrate things that are old and dear to you.
To address the issue of Americans having days for everything I would like to think that it keeps ordinary lives interesting, teaches new things in extraordinary ways, brings awareness to the mundane and is just plain entertaining.
And on that note I’m going to celebrate National Old Day by doing a few things:
1. Do something new. See a new movie, cause after all I do work in the industry.
2. Value the old. (Hmm, this one is tricky, do I visit the experienced parents? Notice I didn’t say old, I said experienced, in case any family members are reading this. Or see an old movie like Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat, because today is also Dr Seuss day!
3. And clear clutter. I have tons of things I can donate and help give those items new homes.
Sounds like a win-win!
ACTION POINT: What are you going to do today?
SUGGESTIONS: If you work in TV, Video or Film, check out the newest issues happening and how they are changing your work. Or if you work in other creative areas see what new techniques or workshops are publicized and how it will benefit your business.
I’d love to hear about your efforts and share in the process. Tweet me @suzettemariel or leave a comment.